Welcome to the scrumptious Food journey of a walk-in Foodie. Keep yourself updated from latest blogs and reviews about food places, food trends and much more exciting stuff :)

Sunday, May 19, 2019

Remanence...with not so good food 


A few months back it was my colleague’s birthday and she invited us all to a really fancy place, Remanence. It is situated in Beverly center blue area Islamabad. Beverly center is the hub of very fine dining places and have a lot of good restaurants there so basically Remanence has a lot of competition.


I had never been here so of course I didn’t know about it at all but I was pretty excited as I have this thing to try new food places. I checked its review online and on Facebook as well and with the reviews and pictures of food I made up my mind that it will be a really good place. So on a Sunday evening we all gathered up there for her birthday treat. Despite being Sunday there was not much rush in the restaurant and few people were present. The restaurant is in basement and has only one floor with not so much seating space inside. The good thing about it was it had open seating area as well as a separate smoking area with few tables for the people who like to have a smoke with friends etc. The smoking area was separated with glass doors and was at a corner. The ambiance of restaurant was very classy with good color combination not so bright but subtle; it gave the image of a fine dining place.

We all sat and waiters presented us with menu card. Honestly, as a steak lover I went straight to the steak corner in the menu and with the help of the waiter I selected Mexican steak. Our order came on time and it was really hot and fresh. Service was excellent and so was order accuracy. The food was not that good as I had expected. It was average not so good not so bad. Same goes for drinks as well. Mint margarita was average too. The price didn’t justify the taste of food. It was a good experience company wise but not at all good one as food wise. I never went there again and don’t want to go there either because I didn’t like the food. They should improve their food quality more as they are pretty good in other things like service, atmosphere and ambiance etc.

5 comments:

  1. well said what i have experienced in last few months that these restaurants are most focused towards servicescape designing not towards the quality of food they are offering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why i never heard of it.. Tho thanks for saving my time :D

    ReplyDelete