Welcome to the scrumptious Food journey of a walk-in Foodie. Keep yourself updated from latest blogs and reviews about food places, food trends and much more exciting stuff :)

Wednesday, May 8, 2019


Bun kabab By McDonald's…A flop idea!!!




A few months ago McDonald’s launched a new item in their menu, Bun Kabab.  Basically it’s the same as andey wala burger is but McDonald’s wanted to present it differently so for that it also gave free sprite with it to get customer attraction and also serve it in newspaper like cover to give it a more authentic desi and traditional look.
My friends and I were going to northern areas so on our way we stopped at McDonald’s Abbottabad. The place was so clean and staff was friendly giving the major McDonald’s vibe no matter of the place where it was built. The staff pleasantly offered us to try their new item which was Bun Kabab and as I haven’t tried it so I ordered one for me.
The Bun Kabab was loaded with chutney and also chutney was served separately as well just like we can find at any local vendor. McDonald’s is trying to experiment with different desi products like previously they introduced chicken Chapli Kabab burger and as it was a hit and people liked it so they made it a permanent in their menu.
Bun Kabab is not much liked by people as it is not have the authentic taste of Andey wala burger and it costs ways more than local ones. One benefit it has is that it is being served in neater manner and as McDonald’s has open door policy so people may trust it more than local ones but when it comes to food people are very particular about their taste and also hygiene. So, for me Bun kabab was a total waste of money and I didn’t enjoy it as I expected. I would not recommend it to people as it is neither good in taste nor in monetary value. The word “lajawab” with Bun Kabab was not very much fulfilling the idea as it was no good except it was only served in hygienic manner.

11 comments:

  1. This Ande Wala Burger has connection with a celebrity named as Ali Gul Peer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travelling main dhoka de k bhag gy thy aisa hi hona tha 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust me when i saw the ad, first thing that disappointed me was the price, there's no way people are going to buy it for the second time for 350pkr.
    I have tried it, the only satisfaction is hygiene.
    There's no taste of andey wala burger in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha same here like 80 Rupees anda burger is far better than this so called bun burger or what so ever. 100% agree

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahah.. is this a blog.😂

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I tried it once and never order again. Its taste was yakksss!! I will not recomend it to anyone.
    My children hate this bun kabab too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Didn’t tried it because of the negetive feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Try shamoo g anday ala burger in pindi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me not trying yet... So no idea...

    ReplyDelete